Erica Susky – The Pond Microbiologist
I have been helping Village Pond and Garden for three years with my interesting and different perspectives from the world of science. My Master’s Degree in microbiology enables me to bring a scientific perspective to pond ecosystems that are generally unknown to the everyday pond keeper. In addition to being a pond service technician and the staff microbiologist at Village Pond, I’m a researcher at the MaRS Centre (Medical and Related Sciences Centre) in downtown Toronto.
- You Light up My Food Chain: The Process of Photosynthesis
- Water, water everywhere! So what are we to think? Water quality and the pond.
- Physical Methods to Kill Microbes or Taking Microbes by Force
- You Get More Flies with Honey and You Get Better Microbes with Probiotics
- Phycology: The Forgotten Field of Study and the Pond
Monthly Archives: July 2011
I have revised different methods and products used to clean areas like households and ponds, as well as their advantages and disadvantages. I have also started to get into the communities of microbes that one might see in their pond, … Continue reading